… being unconvinced in the existence of god[s].
And that’s all.
No, really. That’s it. Have a nice day.
Still reading? Fine. Here’s what else atheism isn’t:
- A World-View: Any time you see or hear anybody referring to the “atheist worldview”, rest assured they don’t know what the hell they’re talking about;
- A Belief: No, your god-dammit. It’s the lack of a belief;
- A Choice: Grrr. Look, you can’t just “choose” to believe 2 + 2 = potato, I sincerely hope. We cannot simply elect to believe something we don’t. The best I personally could do is lie to you and feign agreement with your faith. I don’t want to be that guy;
- A Philosophy: See “World-View”; or
- A Religion: While there are religions that welcome atheists, the lack of a belief does not a religion make. Catholics welcome BINGO players, but playing BINGO doesn’t make one a Catholic.
We can’t really list everything atheism isn’t, because it isn’t damn near everything, other than (again) the position that no compelling case has been made for god[s]…